Yesterday, I wrote a post stating that the main question in sodomy debate is, “Is homosexuality a sin?” Of course, I believe that it is because that is what the Scriptures teach. Tomorrow I will list some specific things the church should do. Today I want to remind us of what sin does to us. It seems easy and loving to say that it is not a big deal if churches compromise on this particular issue. But the Word of God says otherwise.
Sin which is not repented of and turned from:
1. Is displeasing to God. (I Thess. 4:1-12)
2. Separates us from God. (Isaiah 59:1-3)
3. Enslaves us. (John 8:34)
4. Is unnatural. (Romans 1:26-27)
5. Destroys relationships. (James 4:1-6)
6. Destroys families. (David’s Adultery, II Samuel 11-19, Titus 1:10-11)
7. Destroys cultures and cities. (II Kings 17:7-23,Rev. 16:19)
8. Brings death and unfruitfulness. (Romans 6:23)
9. Blinds us to the truth. (Matthew 23:16, 17, 19 24, 26)
10. Brings down the wrath of God. (Col. 3:6)
11. Sends us to Hell. (I Corinthians 6:9-10, Gal. 5:19-21)
No Christian who loves Christ, has understood forgiveness, and loves his neighbor would want someone to remain in the state above. To say that sodomy is not a sin is like sending men and woman to the slaughter house while we tell them they are going to a feast. It is a lie with terrible consequences for men, women, children, churches, cultures, and our witness for Christ. Any minister who declares that something is not a sin, which the Word declares is, has invited the devil into the midst of his church. He has declared, “I love to keep my people enslaved. I refuse to bring them to the One who can free.” The church cannot declare forgiveness of sin and freedom from sin unless she declares that we are sinners.