The writer in Hebrews tells his readers to make sure the elders can do their work with joy and not with groaning. He also tells them that it is to their advantage if they make their shepherds’ job easy. Here are some things you can do to make our job easier.
1. Regularly attend worship and other events at church with a joyful and attentive heart.
2. Pray and read God’s Word daily
3. Seek to grow in holiness and righteousness.
4. Pray for your elders daily.
5. Pray that God would raise up more elders and deacons at Christ Church.
6. Pray for the other members of the church daily.
7. Encourage us when we do something well. (Galatians 6:6)
8. Joyfully obey the godly advice we give to you. The writer of Hebrews encourages his readers to imitate the faith of the elders (13:7), to obey them and to submit to them. We live in an anti-authoritarian age. We are taught from a young age that authority is to be rejected. God’s word does not see things this way. The leaders in the church are to be obeyed. In most cases, to reject the authority of God’s appointed elders is to reject Christ Himself.